Money, get away, Get a good job with more pay and you’re okay.
True saying, a song by Pink Floyd. 21st century is the era of new possibilities and opportunities. The best fit people, who are open to new challenges can put more money in their stash. But we cannot work beyond our limitations. If we stretch out our potential for more productive results, we get some secondary gifts like stress, anxiety and depression.
- Physiological – It is all about the event happening inside the body. During stress/anxiety condition, there is imbalance in the heart rate and blood pressure, which produces tensions on the arteries, causing cardio-vascular diseases. The prolonged stress conditions also affect our immunity and causes cold and flu illness, for example in children during exams.
- Behavioral – It arises due to our wrong habits like indulgence in drinking or smoking, neglect exercise, improper diet, and overuse of either television or computer. People of this condition shows abnormal behavior like jumpy, excitable, or irritable.
- Psychological – Stress also affects at your psychological level. In this situation, people doesn’t work and interact efficiently. They are not good decisions maker. Eventually, that leads into anxiety and depression. Then after secondary symptoms like loss in memory, alertness and attentions are likely to be noticed.
In scientific term, stress is defined as a response of the body to a particular act or demand. First brain recognizes a particular event or object. If brain perceives it as a threat or unexpected event, then body releases hormones, which activate our ‘fight or flight response’. During that response certain changes in the body is seen like; increases in heartbeat, dried mouth redness in eye or skin etc.
From above discussion, it is evident that stress is our response toward an event, which is momentary. But if stress is prolonged due to some other factors like social barriers, environmental factors, work place and family etc., then stress turns into a disease and causes severe health problems at physiological and psychological level.
Factors leading into stress conditions
- Academics: Now day’s level of competitions are very high and it needs lots of efforts to achieve it, eventually produces stress. It is very surprising that children at school levels have been reported with stress.
- Environment: Unhealthy working atmosphere, discussion on heated topics, parking problems, family issues etc.
- Media: Media also has developed stress in the people.
- Time Management: Failure in time management to execute activities such as class, work, study time, extracurricular activities, projects, assignments, family, banking, services and time.
- Money: It is for sure everyone is running hard to get the maximum money and overstretching the time has led into the stress.
- Relationship: A bad relationships with wife or other family members, boss, neighbors also outburst the stress.
But in general term, we can see that stress is not a natural phenomenon. It is our life style and priorities, which invites stress. First thing is to get away from stress, we need a healthy lifestyle and stress management.
- Limitations: We should know our limits and never compromise them. Do not handle things beyond your potential. Don’t be get swayed from others and their activities.
- Rationale in attitude: It’s only you, who is absolute and mind who differentiate. Think rationally and implement it.
- Keep Smiling: Involving in the activities which rejoices you is the key point of being happy. So look into your hobbies, hang out with friends, and learn to balance your life.
- Alcoholic and smoking: Regular use of alcohol and cigarettes are the major roots of various chronic diseases. Try to quit them.
- Healthy eating: Fresh and healthy food is the source of all types of nutrients and anti-oxidants. Add variety of vegetables, fruits, juices in your dietary chart. Add much citrus fruit as you can because, they are the richest source of anti-oxidants. Eat homemade food as much as you can
- Exercise: Do exercises, yoga and meditation daily. They will not only help you in burning the calories but also burn your stress. Al least do physical activities for 30 minutes.
- Relaxation techniques: Learn relaxation techniques to calm your mind such as taking deep breaths, concentration, sound sleep and light music.
- Time management: Work on time management make schedules with little flexibilities and be specific.
These are the essential steps to be added in our life style, to keep our self ‘fit and successful’. Furthermore, during working on stress management, we can add some herbal supplements in our diet. They are 100% pure and does not cause any side effects. They help in enhancing our immunity, memory and digestion and reducing chronic diseases.
Role of Ayurveda in healing stress
Ayurveda is the oldest scripture of Rig Veda (6,000 years) of India, which explains the science of life, the origin of most forms of natural and alternative. It describes, life is the combination of body, senses, mind and ‘reincarnating soul’.
In Ayurveda, Stress refers to the sum of the physical, mental, and emotional strains or tensions on a person. Stress arises due to
- Coping continue changes in the environment.
- Exceeding adaptive capacities and threatening their existence.
Stress is reflected by differences in personality, in physical strength or health.
Ayurveda emphasizes on mental disorders to cause stress like
- Lust, anger, greed, delusion
- Jealousy, euphoria, sorrow and grief
- Anxiety, neurosis and fear
The diseases involved are
- Convulsive disorder
- Obsession, illusion
- Vertigo and drowsiness
- Loss of sensory perception leading to coma
In Ayurveda, herbs which stabilizes the mind are classified as ‘Medhya Rasayanas’. These herbs
- Deeply nourish the neurological tissues and enhance intellect
- Act as nerve tonics
- Facilitate specific molecular nutrients for the brain and produces tranquility of mind, concentration and improved memory
Examples of herbs for stress are
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
Munakka (Vitis vinifera)
Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)
Musta (Cyprus rotundas)
Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Raktachandana (Pterocarpus santalinus)
Parpataka (Fumaria indica)
Kutaki (Picrorhiza Kurroa)
Ashwagandha and Brahmi are the best known herbs for mental illness and has been commercialized worldwide.
We are Planet Ayurveda, manufacturer of 100% pure herbal medicines. We have formulated two different products for your stress management.
- Ashwagandha (500 mg) sakņu ekstrakta kapsulas rezultātu nodrošina un regulāra to lietošana, palīdz pārvarēt stresu, trauksmi, depresiju, nogurumu, nervu sabrukumu, cukura diabētu izraisīto neiropātiju. Tās nostiprina muskuļus, relaksē ķermeni un prātu. Kā nervu toniks, tas uzlabo izturību un veiktspēju.Pārliecinieties, ka artrīta ārstēšanas laikā Jūs kontrolējiet savu uzturu, kā norādījis ārsts. Kopumā izvairieties no piena produktiem, pārtikas produktiem ar augstu olbaltumvielu saturu, kartupeļiem un baklažāniem un sekojiet anti-Vata diētai.
- Brahmi capsule (500 mg): In Ayurveda, Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) has been recognized as to sharpen the intelligence. Brahmi is the best natural supplement to enhance the memories and cognition. It helps in
- Coordination in between brain and neurons, therby helping in long term and short term memory
- Increases concentration, stamina and helps in mental fatigue
- Relieving anxiety, stress and blood pressure
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Net content: 60 capsules
Dabas dāvana efektīvai stresa mazināšanai.
Stress Support ir augu maisījums, kas relaksē ne tikai saspringtus nervus, bet arī atslābina stīvus muskuļus dēļ stresa.
- Vitānijas saknes standartizēts ekstrakts (Withania somnifera) – 200 mg
- Baldriāna saknes standartizēts ekstrakts (Valeriana wallichii) – 200 mg
- Bakopas lapu standartizēts ekstrakts (Bacopa monnieri) – 100 mg
(c) Author: Ayurvedic doctor Dr. Tarun Kumar, Planet Ayurveda India.
(с) Tūlkojums SIA “ETOLARS”, Latvija, 2018.g., Planet Ayurveda pārstāvis Baltijā